There are many reasons why people train in the martial arts.
It could be for self-defense, weightloss, reduce stress, look better and a host of other reasons. But, training martial arts or exercising every day (30 minutes, 5 days a week) can have a tremendous impact on your overall health and wellness beyond the obvious benefits.
Did you know that exercising 30 minutes a day:
- will make you feel more energized.
- can reduce the risk of depression and anxiety.
- increases serotonin levels – serotonin is also known as the “happy” neurotransmitter
- decrease cardiovascular disease.
- reduces Diabetes in men by more than 30%
- reduces the risk of common cancers by more than 20%
- fortifies your immune system, which makes you less susceptible to common colds and the flu.
In other words, a decent martial arts class can help you live longer.
Check out the following infographic by TribeSports:
Filed in: Fitness